To the maximum extent permitted by law, and subject to the CGA, Ifurniture is not liable, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), under any statute or otherwise, for or in respect of:
1. goods that are used for normal domestic purposes and excludes goods acquired for the purposes of a business.
2. normal wear and tear or accidental damage (refer to the “Caring for Your Furniture” on the back of your Sales Order, or go to https://ifurniture.co.nz/furniture-care-2 about ifurniture furniture care advice)
In this regard, please note that the following may occur as a result of natural and normal usage:
(a) leathers and fabrics will fade and crease;
(b) foam and fillings will soften and form the shape of the user over time;
(c) depending on the covering and the degree of use, the covering materials, cushion fillings and suspension may need to be replaced periodically at the purchaser’s expense;
(d) scars, marks and differing pore density and colour are natural characteristics of leather;
(e) the leather and fabric products are upholstered by hand and therefore, the size and weight of these products may have minor variations of up to 5% from the sample products or from any product specifications you have been quoted.
Please also refer to “Caring for Your Furniture” on the back of your Sales Order or go to https://ifurniture.co.nz/furniture-care-2 about ifurniture furniture care advice
3. damage caused by dye transfers spills such as acid, solvents, dyes or other corrosive materials, ink, paint, or bodily fluids;
4. damage caused by improper cleaning, negligence, treatment of the product with chemicals, exposing the product to the sun, extreme heat or bright light such as lamps, or otherwise caused by your acts and/or omissions; or
5. the cost of transporting the Product to and/or from the specified place of repair or replacement.
6. the failure of the purchaser to take reasonable steps to prevent the product from becoming of unacceptable quality and damage that occurs as a result of such abnormal use. This includes damage that occurs as a result of the failure of the purchaser to care for the product in the manner described in the section entitled “Caring for Your Furniture” in the Conditions of Sale on the back of the purchaser’s Sales order or https://ifurniture.co.nz/furniture-care-2 about ifurniture furniture care advice.
7. all other warranties and guarantees, whether implied by statute or otherwise, are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law, except for any applicable guarantees under the CGA.
8. the warranty against defects is not transferable. It is limited to the original purchaser specified in the original Sales Order. The warranty against defects only applies to products that are used for normal domestic purposes and excludes products used for commercial purposes.